Welcome to Judea Experience Accommodations & Tours in the Land of Psalms !
Judea Experience Accommodations & Tours, situated in Southern Biblical Judea, the Land of Psalms, is specialized in (‘Zimmer’) accommodations, tours and touristic activities in Biblical Judea and Samaria !!!
Your partner in exploring the amazing Biblical heartland !!! Never booked a package for an Israel tour yourself before? We are here to help you.
Follow us at Facebook: Facebook.com/JudeaExperience , Instagram Instagram.com/judeaexperience.acc.tour/ and Telegram Channel in English and Dutch for our latest news and interesting tour ideas when you visit Israel.
What can you do and see from our location in a day (with rental car and/or organized tour)?
In short 10 examples of days what you can see from our location. There is more to see (see further don the page):
Day 1: Jerusalem. Old City (4 quarters), Jerusalem, Garden Tomb, Golden Gate, Mahaneh Yehuda market
Day 2: Jerusalem, Mount of olives, The ‘City of David’ with Hezekiah’s water tunnel, Israel Museum, Hass promenade outlook
Day 3: Biblical Judea; Hebron, Machpelah, Ancient Hebron, Hebron Museum, Davids cave and hiding places
Day 4: Biblical Judea; Elah valley (David & Goliath), the Israelite towns Sha’araim (Khirbet Qayefa), Lachis and Maresha (Beit Guvrin)
Day 5 : Biblical Judea; Rachels Tomb (Bethlehem), Herodion, Herods palace/fortress near Tekoa, Gush Etsion heritage museum
Day 6: Massada fortress, Ein Gedi (or Wadi Arugot) and Dead Sea
Day 7: Negev Desert; The large Crater, Colored Sands, Ein Avdat oasis, Sde Boker, Beersheva (bedouin) market
Day 8; Negev Desert; R&D Desert Agriculture, the blooming desert, Biblical town Tamar, Scorpions pass & Mamshit Nabatean City and camels
Day 9; Biblical town of Arad (with Israelite Temple), Beersheva. Abrahams well and Tel Sheva (ancient Beersheva)
Day 10 (early to start); Samaria; The biblical places Bethel, Shilo, Ebal & Gerizim, Samaritan museum
Scroll down to see a expanded list of ideas.
What makes the accommodations of Judea Experience Accommodations & Tours so special?
First of all. The human factor. Here in the village you have the opportunity to meet the local Jewish people who live here in Biblical Judea, sit at their tables and hear their stories. During a Shabbat/weekend meal or at an other occasion. An unforgettable experience.
Then regarding the accommodations itself, our accommodations are situated in a park in the rural landscape of Biblical Judea, the land of the Psalms. You do not only see the Biblical landscape, but you also experience Biblical atmosphere.
Right next to our accommodations, in the hill area, you can see one of the caves where David hid himself for King Saul. The Hasmonaeans, some 2300 years ago marked the cave by building a structure on top of it.
David’s cave, seen from the park grounds & The entrance of the cave, at the background Susya & inside the cave
This is the landscape where the largest number of psalms are composed. For that reason, it got the name the ‘Land of Psalms’ and an interesting museum of Psalms will be built here by the Ministry of Tourism.
Then you see the ancient Biblical route along which the Patriarchs travelled from Beersheva to Hebron, where the twelve spies entered the land, where David walked with his men. The Romans marked the routes so that they still are visible for us. The Biblical history comes alive in this area. You see vineyards and wine produced from these vineyards. You even can drink these wine as was fore told. Amos 9:14 ‘And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall rebuild the ruined cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink their wine; they shall also make gardens, and eat their fruit’. Its happening in front of your eyes.
This all is what makes Judea Accommodations & Tours unique !!!
One of our visitors from the USA wrote: ‘Our trip to Susya was awesome! The people were great there and there is so much to see in the area. Our main objective this time was to experience what it was like in a small Jewish community. We wanted to meet the people and hear their stories. Our time in Susya was the highlight of our trip. I wished we had spent a couple more days there. I would love to visit and observe the Feast of Tabernacles on our next trip. The accommodations are very comfortable and the rate is reasonable. Loved Cafe RonEl. It was just so great to experience this community. It feels like our Israel home.’
Roger & Karen Jolly, Hillsville VA, USA
One of our visitors from Holland wrote: ‘Judea Experience Accommodations is a perfect location and a good base to visit all kinds of places and sights in Judea and the surrounding area. You can travel on your own, but if you really want to know and experience a little more, we recommend the local guide. He is very helpful and knowledgeable about everything. I would recommend this very much.
The park has a friendly casual atmosphere. The available accommodations are well equipped and all have air conditioning. For cooking we could use the communal kitchen. It was special to get to know Jewish culture from close as well. The park managers are hospitable and helpful. There is also a supermarket around the corner for all your daily shopping. We would, however, recommend to realize a launderette in the park so that you can also wash. Incidentally, washing was not a problem, because the possibility was immediately offered by our tour guide. There is also a swimming pool in the park where you can enjoy a swim. We enjoyed our stay and definitely will come back here again.
Family Woord, Urk, The Netherlands
One of our visitors from Germany wrote: To explore Judea, it is recommended to stay in Judea itself. We chose our accommodation in Susya. Ariel Tzion in Susya helped us with this. The accommodations in Susya, were very good. We experienced the breakfast of Shlomit Shamir as sumptuous and delicious. Ariel took touching care of us, if we had any questions he was always available via WhatsApp. Everything is very uncomplicated and extremely friendly.
Kerstin and Otto Adomat, Berlin, Germany
What accommodations we offer:
Judea Experience Accommodations & tours offers you 3 grades of accommodation; A) Our comfortable Eshel rooms, B) Our convenient Rotem rooms and C) Our Shita apartments. We have a total 31 guest rooms, 190 beds and further dining rooms, kitchen and halls. The number of rooms is going to be expanded. Prices for the accommodations depend on grade, season, week/weekend, room occupation and amount of days you stay. We have some interesting introduction deals. Don’t miss it. Fill in the form at the bottom and get your quote !!!
The three grades of rooms:
A) Our comfortable Eshel room
B) Our convenient Rotem room
C) Our Shita (family) apartment
Scroll below to bottom of page to get your quote. We have interesting deals for more than one night and we have interesting low season deals !!!
Are you more in for a private facilities (with families) or (budget) facilities in convenient tents. We have a few options in our area. Ask us and we can do the reservations for you.
- Communal kitchen (with pots and pans) available in the park.
- Breakfast in room upon request
- For Groups of 20 or more, in our spacious dining hall, we can facilitate breakfast, lunch and/or dinner upon request
- Campfire place
- BBQ place
- Rural environment
- Child friendly; Playground nearby in village
- Swimming pool (in months June, July, August (except from Tisha BeAv period), 1st week September)
- Free Wifi in throughout the park
- Grocery shop nearby
- Pizzeria nearby (not at Shabbath)
- Restaurant (reservation needed) nearby (with amazing view over desert). Friday morning, generally, no reservation needed.
- Further restaurants and shops available in Kiryat Arba (20 min drive), Arad (25 min drive) and Beersheva (35 min drive)
- (Biblical) historical sites in close vicinity.
- Souvenir shop
Our Land of Psalms cap and our souvenir shop at the park grounds
Where are we located?
Susya is located the Southern Hebron mountains which are a part of the Judean Mountains, right on the border of Negev Desert. It is situated 25 km north of Arad and 25 km south of Hebron, the city where Abraham, Isaac an Jacob are buried and where King David was king over Judah for 7 years. Beersheva is at 40 km distance. On Google maps here
You can reach us by bus (from Beer Sheva (bus 250), Kiryat Arba (bus 50, 52) or Arad (bus 25)) and by Rental Car. You are allowed to travel with a rental car in Biblical Judea and Samaria in area C. The area’s where you are not allowed to go with a rental car are clearly marked with signs (area A (PA Autonomy area)). Some car rental companies in Jerusalem also allows you to go into area A (PA Autonomy area) with their rental car.
You can use either Google Maps or Waze to reach us: Judea Experience Accommodations , דרך הרבים, סוסיה
We also can arrange that you will be picked up from the airport.
See you in the Land of Psalms !!!
The Land of Psalms Museum / Visitors Center is going to be opened at the ancient Susya site
(translation of the banner in English by Google translate)
What makes the tours of Judea Experience Accommodations & Tours so special?
We give you un unforgettable experience of the Biblical land which are mentioned in the Biblical sources. The Biblical stories come alive !!!
We have qualified Tour Guides in your language of choice: English, Dutch, German and, of course, Hebrew, to show you around here in Biblical Judea and Samaria but also in all Israel so that you get the best out of your time here. First the interesting things which you can see here in Biblical Judea and Samaria and further down examples of tours which we can do with you. If you wish to travel by yourselves, we offer to our guests a travel proposal where to go with Waze or Google Maps GPS locations.
What are the interesting things to see in these regions of Biblical Judea and Samaria?
Far the most of the important Israelite historical important events of the people of Israel took place in the area of Biblical Judea and Samaria. It is therefore not surprisingly that there is a growing interest to visit these area’s by the large amount of visitors to Israel who are interested in Biblical history. Especially for tourists from abroad it is considered a safe area and and has many interesting Biblical sites to offer.
According to the Biblical sources, the Patriarchs, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob wandered and lived here. The people of Israel arrived here, the Judges ruled from here, the prophets prophesied most of their prophesies here. The kings of Israel, of the Ten Tribe Kingdom and of the Two Tribe kingdom of Judah ruled from here, most of the psalms were composed here. The Tabernacle and the Temples were here. Just to name a few.
Map: Google Maps
Some of the historical sites (pictures below)
- Jerusalem, the City of David. 2 Sam.5:5
- Rujium el-Chamri, traditional one of the caves where David used to hide (for King Saul) and where he supposedly composed a number of his psalms. 1 Sam. 24:22. Ps 31:4
- Ancient Susya, a Jewish (priestly) village from Roman/Byzantine times.
- (In development) ‘Land of Psalms’ museum which will be located at the ancient Susya site.
- Machpela Caves in Hevron where Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are buried with their wives. Gen. 23
- Tomb of Abner, King Saul’s army general (in Area A). 2 Sam.3:32
- Tel Hebron where Abraham came to buy Machpela cave, later one of the Cities of Refuge and the place where David was king for seven years. Gen. 23:10, Josh. 20:7, 2 Sam.2:11
- Tomb of Ishai, the father of David and Ruth, David’s great-grandmother. Ruth 4:13-22
- Abraham’s spring in Hebron. The ancient water source of Biblical Hebron
- Eretz Yehuda Archeological Museum. Nice interesting museum with very interesting findings from Biblical Judea.
- Hebron Heritage Museum. Museum on the (modern) history of Hebron.
- Mamre (where Abram lived in Hebron)(in area A (PA Autonomy area)). Gen.13:18
- Tomb of Otniel the Judge (in Area A (PA Autonomy area))
- the Patriarchs route where the Patriarchs travelled and where the Twelve spies came into the land. Gen 22:3, Num.13:17, 22.
- Nabi Yakin, the angels outlook. Where Abraham and the three angels stood overlooking the Dead Sea region. Gen. 18:22
- Khirbet Anim with fortress from Hezekia’s time and village from Roman Byzantine times. Josh 15:50
- Tel Maon, Biblical Maon (in area B). 1 Sam.25
- Tel Ziph, the Biblical Ziph. Josh 15:55, 1 Sam. 24, Psalm 54:2
- Ancient Yatir, the Biblical Yatir in Yatir forest. Josh 21:14
- Eshtemoa, Ancient Eshtemoa, synagogue from Roman/Byzantine times (area A (PA Autonomy area)). 1 Sam.30:28
- Tel Dvira, the Biblical Dvira (area B). Josh 15:49
- Judea desert, Davids escape route in the Judea desert to Ein Gedi. 1 Sam.23:29, 1 Sam. 24:1
- Elah valley where David battled Goliath. 1 Sam 17
- the Davidical city Sha’arim (nowadays called Khirbet Qayefa). 1 Sam. 17:52
- Tel Lachish, the Biblical town of Lachish. Josh 15:39, 2 Kings 18:14
- Beit Guvrin, the Biblical town of Maresha, a Roman town, and amazing ‘bell shaped’ caves. Jos 15:44
- Tel Arad, the Biblical town of Arad. Judges 1:16
- Tel Be’er Sheva, the Ancient Beersheva. 1 Sam 3:20
- Be’er Abraham, the well of Abraham. Gen 21:13
- Herodion, Palace / fortress of King Herod
- Massada, the famous fortress near the Dead Sea, also a palace/fortress of King Herod
- Ein Gedi (and Wadi Arugot) where David hid himself for King Saul. 1 Sam 24:1
- Negev Desert. Gen.12:9, Jer.32:44
- Zin Desert (part of Negev desert) (Large, small Crater, Ein Avdat). Moses went via Zin desert from Kadesh Barnea to Mountains of Edom. Num. 33:36,37
Further you can visit:
- Herbs of Kedem factory in Carmel
- Holy Cacao Factory, Maale Hever
- Drimia winery, Susya
- Weiss HaLivni Organic Winery Susya
- Har Sinai Ecological Farm, Susya
- Halav HaAretz Goat Farm, Susya
- La Forêt Blanche Winery, Yatir
- Yatir winery, Yatir
- Hebron wineries
- Gush Etsion winery
- Bedouin hospitality Experience
- Camel ride in the Judean desert
- Arugot farm and retreat Center
- Gush Etsion Heritage Center. Museum on the modern history of the Jewish villages in Gush Etsion
Map: Google Maps
- Bethel, Jacobs rock; Gen.28:11-19, the place where Samuel judged; 1 Sam.7:16 and location of the Temple Jeroboam; 1 Kings 12:26-33.
- Qubur Bani Yisrael. An Israelite tomb. Some say it is a monument for Rachel. 1 Sam.10;2
- Tomb of Joshua. Josh. 24:30 (Area B)
- Tomb of Gideon. Judges 8:32
- Three Seas Outlook in Itamar
- Border area of Biblical tribes Manashe/Efraim (to do by Jeep)
- Mount Kabir/Elon Moreh. Where Abram arrived in the land of Israël. Gen 12:6. Outlook over Biblical Tirzah and Tirzah valley. 1 Kings 15:33
- Mount Ebal, Joshua’s altar. Josh.8:30,31 (Area B)
- Ancient Samaria, the Capital of the Ten Tribes built by and for King Omri and King Achab. Eliah came to Achab in this city. Herod built the city Sebastia here. 1 Kings 16:24, 1 Kings 18 (Area B)
- Mount Gerizim, Har Bracha; Josephs Outlook overlooking Biblical Shechem (Tel Balata), one of the cities of refuge, Joseph’s tomb and Jacobs well. Josh. 8:32, Samaritan Museum and community, Mount Gerizim National Park
- Shechem/Nablus; Josephs tomb, Tel Balata, (Ancient Shechem) the Biblical town Shechem, Jacob’s well. Gen.33:18, Josh 24:1 (Area A, PA Authonomy)
- Ancient Shiloh. The place where for hundreds of years the Tabernacle stood. Josh 18:1
- Biblical Michmash cliff in Adam where Jonathan battled the Philistines. 1 Sam. 14:15
- Gilgal, the first station when the people of Israel arrived in the land. Deut. 11:30, Josh. 4:20
- Nebi Shmuel, tomb of the prophet Samuel. 1 Sam. 25
- Tel Ai & Biblical Mizpah view. 1 Sam.7:16
- Biblical Gibea, where King Saul lived. 1 Sam. 15:34. In 1967, before the 6-day war, the Jordanian King wanted to built his Jerusalem palace there but was never finished.
- Tel Tibnah (Biblical Timna), home and burial place of Joshua (recently excavated)
Further you can visit:
- Har Bracha winery
- Shilo Winery
- Tura Winery
- Har Bracha, Samaritan Tahini factory
The human factor. Meet the local people
Machpela (Hebron) burial place of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob with their wifes and Ancient Susya, an interesting Jewish village from Roman times
Mamre in Hebron, where Abraham lived and the Rujium el-Chamri, Davids Cave
Tel Ziph/Ziph wilderness, Ancient Hebron
Biblical Yatir, Herodion, a fortress/palace of King Herod
City of David (Jerusalem), Patriarchs Route, where the forefathers walked
Biblical Lachish and Elah valley where David battled Goliath
Shechem (Nablus) and Gerizim National Park
Gilgal and Ancient Shechem (Tel Balata)
Mount Kabir (Elon Moreh) and Samaritan Community at Mount Gerizim
Ebal & Gerizim and Joshua’s altar at Mount Ebal
Biblical Shiloh and Bethel
Samaria (Sebastia), Joshua’s altar view
Michmas, Jonatans cliff, Qubur Bani Yisrael
Travel and experience the Biblical area and sites in Biblical Judea and Samaria with the tours we offer; We have guides available in Hebrew, Dutch, English, German. You hire a guide for one or more days. For more than 2 days of guiding you get a reduction (when you stay in our accommodations).
Examples of Tours we can do with you (we guide throughout all Israel and our specialization is Biblical Judea and Samaria) :
Day tour Jerusalem; Explore Jerusalem, Israel’s capital; the four quarters of the Old City, the Biblical City of David. A variety of tours we offer. Biblical Jerusalem; Nowadays Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the diverse city, the Jewish sites of Jerusalem, the Christian sites of Jerusalem, The Temple Mount etc etc
Day tour ‘The land of Psalms’. Tour sites in Biblical Judea which, traditionally are connected with David and the composition of his psalms; ‘Land of the Psalms’ Museum (when finished), Rujium el Hamri, the Cave of David, Jewish shepherd and his flock (provided it is accessible by transport), Tel Ziph and Ziph wilderness, David’s escape route in Judea wilderness and Tel Hebron, David’s capital while King over Judah.
Day tour ‘In the Footsteps of David’; Jewish shepherd and his flock (provided it is accessible by transport), Elah valley, where David battled Goliath, Khirbet Qayefa, the Biblical Davidical town of Sha’araim, Tel Hebron, Davids Capital of Judea, Tel Ziph and Ziph wilderness, Davids escape route in Judea wilderness and Davids well near Tel Maon.
Day tour ‘In the Footsteps of Abraham’; Tel Hebron, where Abraham came to buy Machpela caves, Machpelah Caves, where Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are buried with their wifes, Abrahams spring, Nabi Yakin, the Angels outlook when Abraham escorted the Angels to Sodom, Abrahams well in Beersheva, The Patriarchs Route, where Abraham walked with Isaac towards Moriah
Biblical Judea; Choice out of: Machpelah Caves, where Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are buried with their wife’s, Tel Hevron, Biblical Hebron, Hebron outlook, Herodion, palace/fortress of King Herod or Rachels tomb in Bethlehem, Rujium el Hamri, the Cave of David, The Patriarchs Route, Biblical Anim, Biblical Yatir, Tel Ziph (Biblical Ziph)and Ziph wilderness, Davids escape route in Judea wilderness. Biblical Lachish, Beit Guvrin.
Negev Desert; Ein Avdat oasis, Avdat, the Nabatean City, The Large Crater, Mount Avnon, Colored Sand, Ein Yorknean, Zin desert, Mamshit, Small Crater.
Massada, Ein Gedi & Dead Sea; Massada built by King Herod on remnants from Israelite times, possibly a fortress of David. Ein Gedi where David hid and the salty Dead Sea
Biblical Samaria; Mount Kabir, the traditional place where Abram arrived at Elon Moreh, Mount Ebal and Gerizim, where the people of Israel came after arriving in the land and conquering Jericho and Ai. Joshua’s altar at Mount Ebal. Josephs’ outlook over Joseph’s tomb, Biblical Shechem and Jacobs well from nowadays Mount Gerizim
Biblical Samaria (2); Mount Kabir, the traditional place where Abram arrived at Elon Moreh with view over Mount Ebal and Gerizim, where the people of Israel came after arriving in the land and conquering Jericho and Ai, the Samaritan community, and Mount Gerizim National Park. Gideons tomb, Biblical Shiloh, where the Tabernacle stood, Bethel, Jacob’s rock & Bethel’s Temple.
Jeep Safari Mountains of Israel; An amazing 3 or 5 hour Jeep safari for you in the Mountains of Samaria. Area’s which you never saw before in the Biblical land of the Ten Tribes. An unforgettable experience.
Day tour Galilee & Golan; Options Sea of Galilee, Capernaum, Tiberias, Mount Bental, Banias, Tsfat, Bar’am Synagogue, Tel Ddan (Biblical Dan), Tel Hatzor, Biblical Hatzor
Day tour Coastal Area / Western Galilee; Option from Old Yaffo, Tel Gezer (Biblical Gezer), Caeasarea, Biblical Megiddo, Akko, Rosh Haniqra, Qeshet cave.
These are just a few examples.
For individual travelers who reserve accommodations at Judea Experience Accommodations and tours we can write a travel program.
If you are looking for a hospitality experience that you will remember for years to come – please feel free to contact us or scroll below to ask for a quote. We offer accommodations in Biblical Samaria as well !!!
Follow us at Facebook: www.facebook.com/JudeaExperience and